Pray for my client and friend Dale Phillips. His son, Scooter, and his assistant were killed Feb. 20 in a small plane that disappeared from radar near Albany, Texas.
Posted Feb. 21, 2012, 12:49 PM.
OKLAHOMA CRIMINAL LAWYERS & ATTORNEYS
Bob Wyatt, Trial Lawyer & Attorney
We defend the rights of our corporate and individual clients in criminal matters. We know the damage that can be caused--even to the innocent--by an indictment. The Wyatt Law Office in Oklahoma City devotes its practice to providing legal advice and representation in criminal investigations, plea negotiations, trials and appeals. We use only experienced attorneys in our law firm; therefore, you can trust the advice of your lawyers. (See Summary of Services).
This Web Page is interactive. Some links are "white" and others are "orange." Run your cursor over the page on topics that interest you. There is likely a link to a more-detailed page.
WE DEFEND AGAINST COUNTY, STATE & FEDERAL CRIMINAL CHARGES
Business, Civil and Criminal Litigation.
Because of the demand for our services outside of the criminal law arena, we
are now representing selected clients in serious
such as bet-the-company actions, bad faith insurance claims, serioius
personal injury and wrongful death,
professional licensing issues (for doctors, lawyers, insurance agents,
funeral directors, insurance agents, and other regulated parties), civil
rights, qui tam, whistle-blower actions, False Claims Act cases, and other
matters that might involve the loss of one's fortune, freedom or life or
involve serious matters of public welfare, public reform, protection of our
democratic way of life and protection of our government's resources.
FOR FREE CONSULTATION
or send your question to email@example.com ______________________________________
United States v. Henderson, press conference (Tulsa Aug 31, 2011)
OVER 22 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
September 20, 1989 -
TOP RATED LAWYERS
Wyatt's attention to detail and his successes have earned repeated listings
in the prestigious publications The
Best Lawyers in America ®;
Oklahoma Super Lawyers
U.S. News & World Report "Best Law Firms"
as a Tier 1 Law Firm for White-Collar Criminal Litigation, White-Collar
Governmental Investigations, & Non-White Collar Crime; as well as
recognition by the Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association as one of
the 2003 "Champions of Liberty."
Both Bob Wyatt and the Wyatt Law Office are AV ® Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory. (This is the highest rating for professional skill and ethics). Also, because of his special experience in the defense of cyber crimes, Mr. Wyatt has been interviewed by the National Law Journal (February 18, 2008). One of Mr. Wyatt's white-collar trials was reviewed in Harvey Silverglate's book, Three Felonies a Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent (New York: Encounter Books, 2009).
OKLAHOMA & TEXAS FEDERAL COURTS
In addition to being licensed in Oklahoma state courts and in all federal courts in Oklahoma, Bob Wyatt is now licensed to practice in the federal courts in the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas. That includes the E.D. federal courts in Beaumont, Lufkin, Marshall, Plano, Sherman, Texarkana, and Tyler areas and the N.D. federal courts in Abilene, Amarillo, Dallas, Ft. Worth, Lubbock, San Angelo, and Wichita Falls areas. He is eligible for admission in Texas state courts and other federal courts as needed.
VICTORIES & RESULTS
Below is a sampling of our victories in state and federal courts. There are many other victories and many other cases where charges were avoided before being filed. This is merely a representative sample of cases over the past few years. Results may vary in any given case because each case must be decided on its own unique facts and the law applicable in that given case.
• Split Verdict -- Not guilty 44 counts in police corruption allegations. (August 2011) Before trial, the judge merged four of the perjury charges into other counts and dismissed a bribery count during trial. After a three-and-a-half week federal jury trial in Tulsa, Officer Jeff Henderson was found not guilty of 44 counts of drug possession and distribution, use of a firearm during commission of a crime, witness tampering, perjury and subornation of perjury, conspiracy, and criminal violations of civil rights. However, the jury found Mr. Henderson guilty of two misdemeanor criminal violations of civil rights and guilty on the remaining six counts of perjury. Wyatt will appeal Henderson's convictions. (See Tulsa World for articles).
• Federal drug case dismissed. After Wyatt's defense investigation of federal drug charge involving allegations that the client possessed 11 pounds (5 kilos) of meth with intent to distribute, government dismissed rather than face trial.*
• Drug Evidence Suppressed in Federal Court. Wyatt and Scott Graham teamed up arguing and convincing the federal court to suppress evidence obtained after a "routine" traffic stop pursuant to an open air drug dog sniff search. During an illegal search, Troopers found 3,000 Oxycontin pills, multiple fake I.D.s, fake prescriptions, and over $17,000 cash. All evidence suppressed and case dismissed.*
• Federal White Collar Charges Dismissed. Client charged with conspiracy to defraud investors in an alleged $1.2 million advance fee scheme. At a "James" hearing to determine scope of conspiracy, Wyatt showed that government had no proof against his client. Government counsel agreed to dismiss the charges against Wyatt's client; all other defendants still facing charges.*
• Minimal Punishment after guilty verdict for child sexual abuse. Grandfather charged with sexually abusing grandchild. Jury returned guilty verdict but recommended only 2 years imprisonment. Client faced up to life in prison.*
• Not Guilty verdict for felony Assault & Battery with a deadly weapon (punishable up to 10 years in prison), but jury found client guilty of misdemeanor for reckless use of a firearm.*
• Regulatory Hearing Relief Granted -- Because of confidentiality of allegations and hearing, facts cannot be disclosed. However, "professional" client not sanctioned and retained license after non-jury hearing.*
• Federal charges avoided
for killing bald eagle and for possession of eagle feathers and claws after
counsel involved in federal investigation.*
• Minimal Punishment for Federal Antitrust Price-Fixing Charge. Client accused of orchestrating gasoline price-fixing scheme with volume of commerce in excess of $5 million. Jury returned guilty verdict for Sherman Act price-fixing violation, but judge ordered only probation (with no restitution) based on evidence developed at trial and in mitigation.*
• Not Guilty verdict for Assault & Battery on Police Officer and Obstructing an Officer during a Felony Arrest.*
• Charge avoided -- Owners of regulated business in health care industry not charged after Wyatt's involvement in investigation and negotiations for nominal civil sanctions.*
• Federal charges avoided.
Possession of child pornography charges after counsel involved in federal
• Not Guilty Verdict for Possession of Child Porn in federal court.*
• Rape charge against member of U.S. Navy dismissed and case terminated after appeal to highest Oklahoma criminal court.*
•Department of Defense fraud charge avoided and investigation terminated.*
• Social Security fraud chargeavoided and investigation Terminated.*
• Tax fraud case dismissed after three years of litigation.*
• Airline pilot avoided sexual "touching"/child abuse charge and investigation terminated.*
• State "child porn" charge dismissed because prosecution could not prove who possessed the images - even though client had prior conviction for possession of lewd images.*
• Rape charge against medical student dismissed because defense investigation proved "victim" lying.*
• 14-Count federal "child porn" indictment dismissed because of Fourth Amendment ("search") violation.*
• Acquittal (Not Guilty) on 106 Counts of securities fraud & money laundering.*
• Forcible Sodomy Charge against foreign college student dismissed.*
• Statutory rape ( sex with a minor child) charge dismissed.*
• Embezzlement charge
after preliminary hearing.*
• State "child porn" charges dismissed against college professor after preliminary hearing.*
• Evidence suppressed in "DUI with Great Bodily Harm" and judge had to dismiss charges after preliminary hearing.*
• Not Guilty verdict in rape trial.*
• Conviction reversed and sentence vacated in federal securities fraud case with orders to dismiss charges.*
verdict in federal trial for Internet child solicitation & traveling across
state lines for sex.*
• "Seized money" returned to client after forfeiture hearing.*
•Ghost Employee (fraud) charge reduced to misdemeanor.*
*Note: Results may vary because each case must be decided on its own unique facts and the law applicable to that given case. You should not infer the likelihood of success on a given case based on past cases handled by this firm.
SUMMARY OF SERVICES
In an effort to make our site easier to navigate, we have provided the following links to provide you more information about our firm or our services. Please click on any of the lines or topics below. The "Introduction" provides a brief glimpse of all of the topics outlined below, but the individual topics give more detailed information for your review and education.
Civil and Criminal Litigation.
Our cases involve criminal matters, civil matters, regulatory and
administrative, and professional license issues.
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
Types of cases involve: auto accidents & car wrecks, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, construction accidents, jail deaths and injuries, products liability, civil rights violations, legal malpractice, accounting malpractice, and other other injuries to your person, property or business.
Criminal Law Introduction
Defending against Federal and State Crimes
Arrest & Bail Issues
Experienced Attorneys and Lawyers
Statewide and National Criminal Law Practice
Fees & Expenses
Notices & Disclaimer
General Criminal Law
Asset Seizure & Forfeiture
Appeals & Other Extraordinary Criminal Actions
Arrest & Bail
Cyber Sex Crimes
Drugs & Narcotics (possession, manufacture,
DUI & DWI (drinking & driving under the influence
or while intoxicated)
Expungement of Criminal Record & VPOs
Federal Criminal Law
Gambling & Gaming Crimes
Grand Jury Investigations (federal, state, and multi-county)
Homicide & Violent Crimes
(murder, manslaughter, robbery, kidnapping,
stalking, assault & battery, shaken baby,
VPO & VPO Defense)
Mortgage Fraud & Predatory Lending
Post Conviction Relief & Habeas Corpus
Public Corruption & Bribery Crimes (Federal & State)
Rape, Lewd Molestation, Forcible Sodomy, Sexual Battery
Sex & Pornography Crimes (rape, child porn, indecent
exposure, lewd molestation, traveling, enticement,
sexual communications, etc)
Theft Crimes (larceny, burglary, robbery and embezzlement)
Weapons & Firearms Violations
White Collar Crime (mail and wire fraud, tax crimes,
embezzlement, securities fraud, bribery, counterfeiting,
computer crimes, forgery)
Noteworthy & Recent Victories
For information about peer review ratings by other lawyers and judges.
Who's Who at the Wyatt Law Office
Phone & Fax Numbers
EXPERIENCED OKLAHOMA ATTORNEYS - LAWYERS
The Wyatt Law Office takes pride in offering experienced counsel to all clients. We pay attention to detail, challenge conventional thinking, and even challenge the justice system itself. Those are our trademarks. The firm is committed to excellence and professional integrity, encourages continuing legal education, and encourages development of legal and interpersonal resources. Those resources include a vast network of legal specialists, expert witnesses and consultants, advanced technology, and a host of clients and friends across the state and nation and around the world.
Throughout his career
has played an integral role in a high profile practice, representing
numerous clients in noteworthy cases in Oklahoma, including the defense of
Timothy McVeigh in the Oklahoma City Bombing case and the defense of over a
dozen other homicide cases and numerous civil matters.
No case is too big or too small. We generally represent "working" men and women in civil and criminal matters, as well as corporations big and small. Other clients include doctors, lawyers, psychologists, politicians (a sitting Governor, State Treasurer, State Insurance Commissioner and others), funeral directors, contractors, engineers, insurance agents and insurance companies, stock brokers, two "big three" auto franchises, five public schools, one university, a newspaper and publishing company, and a city.
STATEWIDE & NATIONWIDE PRACTICE
The Wyatt Law Office is located in Oklahoma City, but Wyatt's practice spans the entire state of Oklahoma. The firm's federal criminal practice is nationwide. Our civil practice is generally limited to Oklahoma. Bob Wyatt has appeared as counsel in civil and criminal actions in more than 40 of Oklahoma's 77 counties and in several federal venues including among others Oklahoma City (Western District of Oklahoma), Tulsa (Northern District of Oklahoma), Muskogee (Eastern District of Oklahoma), Austin, Denver and Norfolk. Mr. Wyatt's practice has also involved international matters which have taken him to China, England, Hong Kong, Israel, Northern Ireland, the Philippines, and Scotland. Other international investigations have involved matters in Bolivia, Canada, Cyprus, Macedonia (former Yugoslavia), Mexico, Russia, Syria, Thailand, and the Ukraine.
The Wyatt Law Office is located in the State's capital of Oklahoma City, which is situated in the middle of the state. Wyatt's office is just two blocks from the federal courthouse and four blocks from the Oklahoma County courthouse. We are less than 10 minutes from the State's appellate courts which are housed in the State Capitol complex. For federal criminal matters in other states, Oklahoma City offers easy connections to most major cities and both coasts from the Will Rogers World Airport. We also have good relations with lawyers statewide so that we can work in almost any venue in Oklahoma.
Mr. Wyatt is licensed in all of Oklahoma's federal courts
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit (Office in Denver);
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma (Oklahoma City);
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma (Tulsa); and
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma (Muskogee).
• U.S. District Court for the Northern (Dallas, Ft. Worth, Wichita Falls, Amarillo) and Eastern (Plano, Sherman, Beaumont, Tyler) Districts of Texas.
• Mr. Wyatt has appeared on a case-by-case basis in the U.S. District Court in Austin, Texas, Denver, Colorado, and Norfolk, Virginia, among others.
NOTICES & DISCLAIMER
Because of problems with the credit card processing companies, the Wyatt Law Office is no longer accepting credit cards after November 30, 2010. We apologize for any inconvenience.